Friday, October 5, 2012

Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, New Jersey

A wedding is a wonderfully happy and exciting event! My nephew was married to a beautiful woman in a beautiful location in Southern, New Jersey. I drove part of the family down on Friday evening, packing the Brompton in the trunk of the car, along with two beach chairs and three suitcases. I had room enough for another Brompton, I'm sure.

Saturday morning, my brother messaged to arrange a meeting at a pancake house, then messaged again to say that it had already closed for the season. I pulled out the Brompton and scouted to the south to find the Long Beach Island Pancake House.


If you happen to be there, it is highly recommended! I had the pancakes, because there was a pitcher of real maple syrup on the table. They accommodated a group of 14 people, who ordered too much food, so I was also able to taste their corned beef hash and the bangers. I'm very fond of breakfast food. So much, that as a result, after breakfast, I took a tour north on the Long Beach Boulevard toward the Barnegat  Light house. Along the way, I stopped at a bike shop to bring my tires up to pressure and found this great beach bike.


Maybe, when I can afford property on an ocean island, I'll also buy a bike like that. :)

It was a fast trip up the island from Ship Bottom to the light house. The weather was cool and the sun peeked out occasionally.


Couldn't get the light house all in one photo.


The wedding was wonderful. My nephew cried as he watched his bride walk down the aisle toward him. Tomorrow we drive the 300 miles back home.

November 6, 2012

It's so sad what has happened to LBI due to hurricane Sandy. Now all the streets are covered with sand and many of the houses have been destroyed. I send my best wishes. Fortunately, my nephew and his new bride were safe and their apartment was not damaged. Without power and with gas leaks all over the island, it may be weeks before they can get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment