Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Ride

November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving day in Central New York. The sun shined, and the sky held only a few fluffy clouds. While some Thanksgiving days around here can be cold and snowy, this year we have been very fortunate. And a bicycle ride called me!

The turkey cooked in the oven. The potatoes rested in water ready for boiling. Pies cooled. I had time for a ride on a beautiful day.

I wasn't really sure where to go. Everyone else spent their time with families. Very few cars traveled the roads, so I just cycled until I found this great truck for sale not half a mile away.


A study in contrasts :)


This is a view I have seen before and shared before. It looks over the Syracuse Inner Harbor as part of the Creekwalk trail. I thought I had done a post showing the whole trail, but I looked. That will have to be a future post. In the distance one can see the two towers of the Church of the Assumption.


Then at another place along the creekwalk trail, I found this old e-type jaguar. I think the Brompton looks just right next to another fine piece of British engineering.


Sweet...


Brompton in front of a sculpture near the Everson Museum. I should have stood the bicycle more in the sun light. I'm not really much of a photographer and only using my iPhone.


This shows the back side of the Everson, designed by I.M. Pei.

Seeing the city so empty felt odd. There were only a few people around, and those that were looked like they didn't really have anywhere else to be. Knowing that warm family and a special meal waited at home made me very grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment