Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Brompton Bicycle Touring Gear

I thought I would post a list of the gear I intend to take with me on my upcoming bicycle tour.


Starting in the upper left:

REI quarter dome UL tent
Big Agnes Yampa 40 degree down bag
Thermorest Neoair all season - fits inside the sleeve in the yampa bag
First aid kit in nice gray bag that the REI pack cover came in
Trangia 27-2 UL stove
Sea to summit thermolite reactor sleeping bag liner
denatured alcohol
bug repellent
Sea to summit collapsable pint cup and shot glass
trenching trowel
2 liters of water in nalgene bottles
olive oil, balsamic vinegar and spices
REI Flexlite camping chair
Thermorest medium backpacking pillow
Big Agnes sleeping giant pillow
Backpacking towel
Victorinox Pocket pal
REI stainless steel vacuum covered hot cup
Spyderco Cara cara rescue
Coghlans P-38 GI can opener
Multi tool
Sporks
Head light
Camp suds
Clothes pins

All packed in a Kelty Redwing 44.

Food, clothes packed in a compression bag, a Kelty Noah's tarp, bicycle lights, electronics, bike lock, ipad and kindle, waterproof jacket, rainlegs, Brooks saddle cover, rain covers for touring bag and for back pack, another liter of water and toiletries all are packed in the touring bag.

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog. If you are the only Brompton rider in Syracuse, I may be the only one in Rochester. Mine is the same racing green as yours but is an electric version, a concession to my age (75) and a lifetime of avoiding sports and exercise at all costs. Actually I bought it to keep up with my athletic wife who leaves me in the dust of her 12-speed Cannondale (Note any more :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from the other upstate Brompton; mine in Rochester

    ReplyDelete