Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gear Review: Brooks Saddle Cover

While in Boston, I stopped at the Broadway Bicycle School to check to see if they had a new Brompton demo bike and look for a few bits and bobs I might need.

I found the ParkTool chain breaker for my repair kit and found the Brooks saddle cover for my B-17 Special. I spend a lot of time in fall and winter riding when it is wet. I wanted something to protect the saddle from the rain and snow.


The cover comes all rolled up together and bound by a velcro strap.


The cover slides on over the nose of the saddle and fits the nose tightly. There is a pull cord and cord lock that tightens the cover around the rear of the saddle. The fabric is waterproofed, although the gentleman at Broadway Bicycle said that it looses the waterproofing after a while. He uses a plastic bag under the cover to keep it waterproof. I'll have to wait and see. :) The cost was about the same as the Aardvak cover, and I'm a sucker for anything Brooks.

I haven't ridden on it yet. I'll let you know how it works out when I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment