Saturday, April 6, 2013

Does Bicycling Reduce Stress?

April 5, 2013

The anxiety and stress of finishing my Federal and State taxes pushed me out the door for a bicycle ride. Why did I even work on my taxes on such a beautiful day? I should have been riding instead! I randomly rode around the area.


The old pump house for the reservoir for the city seemed like a good place to frame a Brompton. There's a newer pump house now, but it doesn't have columns.


Pretty windy day! can you see the bottom part of the sign floating in the wind?


Guess which direction I was riding?


A cold, clear day... You can just see the white roof of the Syracuse University Sports Dome; my homage to the SU Mens Basketball team. We'll see how they make out this weekend in the NCAA tournament.


Brompton makes me happy! Again I'll tout the advantages of the Touring Bag. My ride included a stop at  E J Wren's Homebrew store in Liverpool. I didn't buy much, and everything fit in the bag, a fact I can be sure of every time I pull out on the bike.

Yes, I felt much better when I got home. My stress had receded as my enjoyment increased.

I've just joined the local cycling club, the Onondaga Cycle Club. There's a ride tomorrow I'd like to do. I'm sure they are all big wheel, lycra wearing riders. How will it work to bring a Brompton to that mix?


1 comment:

  1. Yes, cycling does indeed reduce stress. I love it. How was your ride with the club? Were they all big-wheeled and clad in lycra as you envisaged?

    ReplyDelete