Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another Snowy Ride!

March 15, 2013

Today I had the opportunity to meet a friend of mine in Utica as he started his Spring break from the college where he teaches. I had made arrangements to get a ride back from Utica to Syracuse the next day, so I rode to the train station, trained to Utica, and rode to my friend's house.

This trip started out overcast and cool, like most of my Winter rides have been.


Most of the snow had finally melted, so I didn't think this would be as messy a ride as I had taken recently.


Here's the Brompton all packed up on the train platform.... and the train was 30 minutes late. Had it not been for the damp cold, this would have been okay. And had it not been that snow was starting to fall again.


A view of from the platform to the station. This is also the regional bus station as well.

After an hour trip to Utica, during which I sat next to and shared entertaining conversation with a very nice author of young adult literature, I climbed off the train and unfolded. Now the snow had changed to big wet flakes.


I stopped under an overpass to put on warm gloves. I considered gearing up with my rainlegs, but I decided that I only had another 2 miles. I soldiered on.


After I arrived, I wished I had dressed in full kit. I was more than a little damp.

On the bright side, my English PHD friend is a home brewer, as you can see from the lauder tun next to my Brompton. So I warmed up with a lovely fresh brown ale from the keg-o-rator!


No comments:

Post a Comment