Thursday, March 21, 2013

Multi-modal to Albany Again

March 7, 2013

This trip turned out differently than I had expected...

I had some business in Albany, so thought I would ride to the train station, catching the train for my trip. Train was 45 minutes late. Public transportation in the US is not known for keeping to schedule. 



Brompton tucks in with the other luggage.

While I rode to the train station under the threat of snow, it held off. 3.5 hours later upon disembarking at the Schenectady train station snow had started to sift down lightly. I put on my rainlegs, expecting things to get worse.

And worse things did get, over the course of the 11 miles between the train station and the hotel the snow went from a few flurries to heavy wet snow that put nearly 2 inches (4 cm) on the roads. I stayed amazingly dry because of my jacket and rain legs, but the snow and slush made the Brompton a sloppy mess.

I will certainly do the ride again when I need to be in Albany. Maybe not in the sloppy snow, if I can help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment