Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Syracuse Cycling Infrastructure!

The few of you who read this blog have heard me whine about the lack of bicycle infrastructure in Syracuse. While riding yesterday, I found the road construction that had torn up some of the east side of the city for almost a year included about 9 blocks of cycle paths.


This is the first path I've seen in the city painted to show it's a cycle path.


Then three blocks later we get to this. What if I'm riding my bicycle straight instead of turning right? Well, the cycle lane only turns.


What a truly lovely sight. This separated designated lane runs up the hill for 5 blocks directly to Syracuse University.  Unfortunately, the only other cyclist I could see rode in the street instead of using the pretty green cycle path. And it's only useful if one rides toward the University or away from the University.

And it's a start!


I did find another section of bike lake farther on near LeMoyne College. This was not as well marked, and after about a km I found this.


Rather hard to tell that there is a lane. Good thing they put up that sign!

I am very pleased to find even this little bit of cycling infrastructure!

No comments:

Post a Comment